A place for news and conversation related to Jeffrey Overstreet’s novel Auralia’s Colors.
Visit AuraliasColors.com and:
JEFFREY OVERSTREET first read The Hobbit at age 7, and by age 10 he had read The Lord of the Rings several times.
Right away, he knew he wanted to grow up to write fantasy stories.
Soon after meeting and interviewing the cast and crew of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, he was offered his first publishing contract... a chance to share his epic fantasy adventure, The Auralia Thread.
The first book in that story, Auralia's Colors arrived in stores in September 2007.
In the meantime, discover Jeffrey's movie reviews, and his in-depth examination of the territory where faith and art intersect, at LookingCloser.org. (Also, check out Jeffrey's autobiographical account of his adventures in moviegoing, in the critically acclaimed volume Through a Screen Darkly - now available in bookstores everywhere.
- Momo, by Michael Ende
- The Book of Atrix Wolfe, by Patricia McKillip
- The Gormenghast series, by Mervyn Peake
- Watership Down, by Richard Adams
- The Sparrow, by Mary Doria Russell
- Dune, by Frank Herbert
- Sailing to Sarantium, and Lord of Emperors, by Guy Gavriel Kay
- The Island of Dr. Moreau, by H.G. Wells
- The Tiger Rising, by Kate DiCamillo